How To Use A Car Wash: A Guide for Beginners
Regular cleaning of your car is one of the essentials when it comes to its care and maintenance. This is necessary not only to make it look good but to also prevent damages to its different parts. The good news is that washing your car is a relatively easy task. This is especially true if you know how to use a car wash. If you do not know, keep on reading the rest of this post and I will provide you with valuable insights. Regardless of the type of car wash, do not appear like a fool standing there and clueless on what to do.
Using a Coin-Operated Car Wash
This is one of the most popular these days because it is economical, quick, and best of all, there is a minimal potential that it will cause damages to your vehicle. Certain technological advances have been used to make sure that washing will be done in a manner that is as thorough as possible. If in case you are in a coin-operated car wash, here are the things that you should do:
- 1. Know how much is the rate and prepare the exact amount. In most cases, no change will be issued. See to it that you have the right coins or any mode of payment that is preferred.
- 2. Park your car in the wash bay. Their designs will vary. More often than not, however, it will be in an enclosed space with an overhead door.
- 3. Once you are already inside the bay, roll your windows up, making sure that no amount of water will penetrate inside. Turn off the engine and get off your car.
- 4. Look for the part where you need to insert the coins. There is usually a predetermined duration based on a specific amount. If you want the car to be washed longer, you can just insert more coins and the washing will be extended.
- 5. Now, wet our car. You can select the right amount of pressure from the wand. Make sure that you direct it in the specific areas where there is dirt.
- 6. Once it is wet, choose the desired setting of the soap brush. Make sure that the entire exterior will be thoroughly brushed. Rinse the car and allow it to dry.
- 7. There are also some additional things that you can do, depending on the facilities of the car wash. In most cases, you have the option for waxing, which is a great way to restore shine and to make it offer more protection from dust.
- 8. Once everything is done, you can now get back to your car and drive off the bay.
Using a Drive-Through Car Wash
This is one of the most advanced ways of washing your car. It is like there is a robot paid to do the job. This is convenient and hassle-free for you, basically because there is no need to get wet. The amount of effort required is also minimal basically because you simply have to park the car and wait until washing is done. In this case, here are the things that you should do:
- 1. Pay at the cashier. The rates will vary depending on the specific services that will be availed. Aside from the basic car wash, there are some that can also offer spray waxing, among other additional services.
- 2. Pull your car over the washing bay. Before you enter, you will be asked for a numerical code, which is normally indicated on the receipt. You will also be warned to lower your antenna, fold mirrors, and other precautions. Next, enter the washing bay. Proper positioning of the car is important for optimal outcomes. Make sure that you follow the line to position your car properly.
- 3. Once you are inside, all that you have to do is wait until everything is done. Watch technology do its wonders. Around the car wash, there are huge towels that are continuously rotating to brush your car.
- 4. Once the process is complete, you will be alerted and you can now get out. Make sure to not drive away unless the brushes or the clothes stop rolling.
- 5. In the case of more modern alternatives, there are no more physical touch points. Water pressure and soap are used to complete the cleaning process and no physical contact is made.
With the modern technologies in today’s time, keeping your car clean and in its tip-top condition becomes an easier and more affordable task. From the discussions above, I hope that you already know now how to use a car wash. It does not seem to be that difficult, right? Now, if you have not yet tried any of the types of car wash mentioned above, now is the right time to give it a shot. You should be more confident by this time as you already know what to do!