How To Remove Coffee Stains From Carpet: An Easy-to-Follow Guide
Are you wondering how to remove coffee stains from carpet? For a lot of people, the easiest way to do this is to go to the nearest auto detailing shop and allow the pros to do the job. Yes, this is indeed an effortless thing to do. However, this would also mean an additional cost on your end. Of course, they won’t do it for free. There’s a price you have to pay!
Luckily, dealing with coffee stains in your car’s carpet does not need to be a difficult task. This is something that you can do on your own. You only need a little effort to spare. With time and patience, it will be easy. It is easier than what you have thought. Keep on reading the rest of this guide and I will let you know how to complete this task. For sure, you will thank me later!
Remove Stain While It is Fresh
When it comes to how to remove coffee stains from carpet, there is one golden rule – do this as soon as possible. As soon as coffee has been accidentally spilled, you should already do something to remove it. It will be easier to get rid of the stain as against to dealing with it after a long time. In this case, the following are the materials that you will need:
- Clean cloth / napkin / paper towel
- Cold water
- Baking soda / mild dish soap
Once you have gathered the materials that will be required, here are the simple steps that you should follow:
1. Using a clean cloth, wipe the carpet. To have more room to move, you might want to take out the carpet from the car first. Aside from cloth, you can also use a napkin or paper towel. As you wipe the surface that is stained, make sure to dab only and do not rub. By rubbing it, you might only spread the stain, which will be harder for you to remove.
2. After wiping, the next thing you have to do is to apply cool water. Wet a clean cloth. Do not use the cloth that you have earlier used as this is already most probably stained.
3. Before wiping the surface of the carpet, you can sprinkle it first with baking soda or mild soap. This will make the stain easier to remove.
4. Blot the stain gently, focusing only on the area where there is a concentration of stain. Continue blotting until the stain lightens or until it is completely gone.
5. Dry the carpet.
6. By now, you are done!
Getting Rid of Coffee Stains Based on Material
There are different ways to remove the coffee stain on the carpet, which will depend on its specific material. If it is made from cloth, here’s what you will need:
- White vinegar
Once you are ready with the materials, follow the instructions below:
1. Mix one gallon of water with one cup of white vinegar. You can also add dish soap. Once the mixture is ready, dip a paper towel and use it to wipe off the stain from the carpet. Again, focus only on the area that is stained so that it will not spread.
2. Alternatively, you can also use a glass cleaner. Spray it on the part where there is a stain. Make sure that this part will be saturated. Leave it on the surface for about five minutes and wipe with a clean towel.
On the other hand, if the carpet is made from vinyl or leather, you will need the following:
- Mild dish soap
- Clean cloth
- Baking soda
After preparing the necessary materials, follow these steps:
1. Mix cool water with mild dish soap. Once it appears bubbly, apply a small amount on a clean cloth, making sure that it is wet, but not drenched. Use this to wipe off the stain.
2. If it is vinyl, baking soda will prove to be an effective choice for a natural cleaner. Mix baking soda with water until you form a consistent paste. Apply the paste on a toothbrush and clean the stain. Finish by wiping it off with a clean cloth.
Here are some important things you should keep in mind:
- The first thing that you should do is to know the specific material of the carpet. By doing this, you can easily identify what method will work best.
- Remove it while the stain is fresh. With this, your work will be a lot easier.
- Dab or blot on the stain. Do not rub it hard as this will only spread the stain rather than removing it effectively.
- Once you are done removing the stain, it is also a good idea to use a protective spray, which will especially work with leather. This will allow the carpet to resist stain.
- Make sure that your carpet is completely dry before putting it back in the car.
- To dry the carpet quickly, vacuuming is also a good idea. This will also help in the restoration of its texture.
By now, I hope that you are already aware of how to remove coffee stains from carpet. At first, you might be hesitant in doing it on your own, fearing that the problem will only worsen. As long as you follow the right steps, however, there is no reason for you to be concerned. Your carpet will soon be spotless without the need to spend a fortune. The best thing is that the discussions above will also apply to your carpet at home.