How to Clean White Leather Seats: Make It Look as Good as New?
If you want to achieve a luxurious look in your interiors, white leather is an excellent material of choice. It does not only look great, but it is also long-lasting. Its many benefits, however, can only be enjoyed if they are well-maintained. Leather, however, is a porous material. It is susceptible to dirt and sweat, among other external elements that can damage its appearance in the long run. With this, it is critical to know how to clean white leather seats.
Through time, leather will most probably lose its appeal, especially when it is not well-maintained. This is especially true if it is white. Abrasion, cracks, and stains are just some of the visible damages that can be apparent. With this, keep on reading the rest of this post and we’ll give you some tips on how you can clean and restore the elegance of your leather seats.
What You Will Need?
There are different ways by which you can clean the leather seats, but generally speaking, here are the materials that you will need:
- Leather Cleaner
- Shoe Polish
- Leather Protector
- Clean Cloth
- Lemon juice
- Cream of tartar
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Nail polish remover
Here’s How to Clean White Leather Seats
- 1. Prepare the seats for the cleaning. It is important to know that not all cleaning products are excellent for white leather. This is a sensitive material, which is why you should be careful when choosing what to use. For instance, you should stay away from those that has wax or oil. They are sticky and they can only end up attracting dirt on the surface. Silicone is another ingredient that should be avoided as this can cause the leather to crack.
- 2. Now, you are ready to start washing. In a clean cloth, apply soap. Rub it gently on the leather seat. Applying too much pressure is not needed as this can damage the seat. The soap alone will be enough to do the trick. Wipe it off with a clean and dry cloth afterwards. If preferred, you can also use a white shoe polish. This is going to effectively restore the shine on the surface and will make it look good.
- 3. After washing, your next concern is to protect the surface, which will make it less prone to dirt and dust. There are commercially-available leather protectors. Make sure to check the ingredients and see to it that it does not contain chemicals.
Aside from the steps that have been mentioned above, there are also other ways by which you can clean your leather seats, specifically with natural materials:
- Baking Soda: An all-around cleaner, this can also be effective for white leather seats. This is a good choice if there is grease or oil on the surface. All that you have to do is rub baking soda on the surface. Leave it overnight and it will absorb the oil on the leather. The morning after, wipe the surface with a clean cloth.
- Toothpaste: If there is a specific portion of the seat that is stained, toothpaste will do the magic trick. Using a damp cloth, dab the area that needs to be cleaned. Put a small drop of toothpaste on your finger and rub it on the stain. Rub it using a clean toothbrush. Once you are done, wipe the surface with a clean and dry towel.
- Nail Polish Remover: This is a good solution if there is an ink on the seat. Using a cotton swab, apply nail polish remover on the end and dab it only on the part with stain. Avoid having it rubbed as this can only cause the stain to be bigger.
- Vinegar: Combine equal parts of white vinegar and water. This will now serve as your cleaning solution. Using a cotton ball, dip it in the solution and rub it on the leather seat. Finish by wiping it with a clean cloth. There is no need to worry about the smell of the vinegar. It will air dry naturally.
- Lemon Juice: This should be mixed with cream of tartar, which will allow you to create a paste that can be used for cleaning. Adjust the amount of the ingredients used to achieve the consistency that is desired. Rub it on the stain and leave for half an hour. Once the time has lapsed, use a sponge to remove the mixture and finish by rubbing a clean cloth.
Knowing how to clean white leather seats is essential for every car owner. When the seats look old and dirty, you do not need to have them replaced immediately. All that you have to do is to clean it. Follow the instructions that have been mentioned above to do this right. Even if there are marks and scratches, you can still get rid of them, and in the end, your car will look as luxurious as it was when you first had it!
Incoming search terms:
- cleaning white leather seats of car