How to Protect Car Paint?
You do know that your car paint is always vulnerable to a lot of elements that your car may get exposed in. Having uneven paint can make your car look less attractive. At times, you may even get embarrassed to bring it out of your garage because you know that people will judge you based on how your car looks. One of your options is to just sell your car but if you do this without getting your car painted first, you can expect that it will look bad.
The good thing is that there are different ways by which you can protect your car paint from all the different elements that are available. The type of protection that you are going to do will highly depend on what you are protecting your vehicle from.
Protecting Your Car’s Paint from Sun Damage
If in case you would like to protect your vehicle from the sun, you need to do the following:
- Make sure that you will park your car in a place wherein it is not under direct sunlight.
- It is also best if you would make an effort to clean your car often. The best time to clean your car is if the weather is a bit cloudy so you will be lessening the chance of your car’s paint being exposed to the sun’s rays.
- Make sure that you will have high quality wax that can help block the UV rays of the sun.
Protecting Your Car’s Paint from Scratches
You know that it will be hard to remove scratches from your car if you have no idea about the things that you have to do to remove scratches that are already there but why worry about that when you can protect your car from getting scratched? Here are some of the things that you can do to protect your car from scratches.
- Apply paint protection film on your vehicle. You may not see the need to place paint protection film in the beginning but once you realize how it can help, you would like to have it on your vehicle. Paint protection films are usually very thin and they can be placed on your vehicle easily.
- Apply car wraps. If in case you are not too fond of having new paint placed on your vehicle, what you can do instead is to place car wraps that are somewhat similar to vinyl. The car wrap will act as a protective layer over your normal car paint.
- Place clear coat over your normal paint. This is similar to how women protect their nails. After applying colored nail polish, clear nail polish will be applied afterward. This is also the same with your vehicle. You can protect it further by applying clear nail clear coat on your car’s paint.
Protecting Your Car’s Paint from Winter
While there are some people who look forward to winter because of the snow, there are also some who hate it because of the damage that it can do to people’s different items. One of the items that are vulnerable during winter time is your vehicle. The same way that you need clothes to give you protection during winter, your vehicle’s paint needs protection too. Here are some of the things that you can do:
- Polymer wax can be highly effective in giving your vehicle’s paint the extra layer of protection that it needs. By applying the wax, you can count on your paint being less vulnerable to snow, even the salt on the road and rain.
- Using pressure wax to clear away all the dirt and grime that can be found on your vehicle can be very effective. Your car will be highly vulnerable to road salt that can be bad for your car’s paint. The high-pressure spray will lessen the possible damage that may occur on your vehicle’s paint.
- Use a snow brush. You know that you need to effectively get rid of the snow that may have gotten stuck on your windshield. Using the right brush can remove the snow without scratching the surface of your vehicle. You may be tempted to use hard plastic scrapers but even if they seem effective, there is a larger chance that you are going to scratch your car because of using this.
It is important that you are aware of the different threats that may befall your car’s paint. You do not want to end up having a vehicle that you feel self-conscious using because of how it looks. At the same time, maintaining your car’s paint will at least allow you to sell it for a more accurate value instead of having to sell it low because of the bad car paint. Just one final tip to remember, if your car is dirty, clean it. Do not let the bird droppings, vomit and all other elements to stay on the exterior portion of your car for a long period.