A Pet Owner’s Guide on How to Remove Dog Hair from Car?
A dog, without a doubt, is a man’s best friend. However, in some instances, it can give you a headache as well, especially in terms of having pet hair scattered all over the seats of your car. It is unsightly and unhygienic. For people who are suffering from allergies, this can even be a more serious problem. With this, it pays to be knowledgeable on how to remove dog hair from the car.
In the rest of this post, we will let you know some of the materials that will be needed, as well as the simple steps that should be followed. Regular cleaning is a must to be sure that pet hair will not pile up inside the car. The good news is that you do not have to spend a lot for professional detailing just to accomplish this task. Even on your own, this is one thing that you can do in a snap.
What You Will Need To Follow This Tutorial?
The first thing that you have to do is to gather the materials that will be needed. In this case, the following are what you should prepare:
- Water in a bowl
- Clean cloth
- Velcro curler
- Inflated balloon
- Fabric softener sheet
- Vacuum cleaner
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Remove Dog Hair from Car?
There are different solutions that can be considered, but one of the most common is through the use of moisture. It is simple and quick, yet it can promise effective results.
- 1. Wet your hand with water in a bowl.
- 2. Once it is wet, roll it over on the surface of the seats, making sure that all portions have been appropriately cover. As you roll your hand, this will cause the pet hair to become weak. Static will be lessened and it will become heavier. The result is that it will not end up sticking to your pants.
- 3. To finish, rub the surface with a cloth or sponge, but make sure that it is not too soaked. It should only be barely damped, especially if you are cleaning leather seats.
Another great way to get rid of dog hair in your car is through using grips. They can be bought commercially and the options are endless. Be wary and do not immediately believe the claims made by sellers. Do your research to know which one actually works.
- 1. A Velcro curler is one of the best products that you can use. It is even be better if there is metal on the side as they can be bent so that you can reach even the edges.
- 2. If you have Sellotape, it will offer an effective and simple solution as well. Simply stick it on the surface of the seats and lift it. This will remove pet hair, although this is quite tasking since the size of the tape is small. It may take quite some time before you can fully cover the entire area.
Using an inflated balloon may also be a good idea. This might seem crazy at first, but once you give it a shot, you will know why there are people who resort into this solution.
- 1. Inflate a balloon.
- 2. Once it has fully inflated, simply have it rubbed around the car, focusing on the seats and the floor. The static quality of the balloon will allow it to lift pet hair from the surface.
You might also want to consider the use of rubber gloves.
- 1. With your gloves on, wet at least one of your fingers.
- 2. Start rubbing it on the seats. It would be best to rub only in the same direction. This will result into clumping of hair. This will imitate sweeping.
Another effective solution is the use of a fabric softener sheets.
- 1. Using a fabric softener sheet, scrub the entire seat and the floor. This will be effective in attracting pet hair and works like a magnet.
The most common and perhaps most effective way when it comes to how to remove dog hair from car is probably through the use of a handy vacuum cleaner. They have attachments that will allow you to tackle even the corners of the car.
- 1. Before turning on the vacuum cleaner, make sure that the necessary attachment is already in place.
- 2. Once it is turned on, see to it that all areas are covered. Your focus should be on the seats and the floor. The good thing about this method is that you are getting rid not only of pet hair, but dirt and dust in general.
Aside from knowing how to remove dog hair from the car, it will also be good to keep these things in mind:
- Regular brushing of your dog will be an excellent preventive measure. This will be an effective way to get rid of loose and dead hair. In turn, this will minimize shredding inside the car.
- In some instances, pet hair is transferred not only straight from your dog. It can also be transferred from your clothing or anything else that has previously been in contact with a dog. Make sure to check everything that you have to place on the seats.
- As they say, prevention is better than cure. With this, one thing that you can do is to use seat covers.
- Also, as another means of prevention, if you have a small dog, you can consider keeping it in a comfortable dog carrier. This will minimize the movements of the dog and the amount of hair that can be left behind.
Knowing how to remove dog hair from the car is one thing that you should know if you often bring your furry pet with you on the road. These tiny strands may be invisible to the naked eye, making it important to resort to an effective technique. This can help prevent allergies, while also ensuring the cleanliness of your car. As it has been shown above, it is not that difficult at all!