Best Motorcycle Battery Reviews 2017: A Quick Guide for Buyers
Are you looking for the best motorcycle battery that is available in the market today? Believe us when we say that your search is not going to be easy. The options will be endless. There are different brands and models, each claiming to be the best. For the uneducated buyer, it is easy to make a decision in haste, but you should never resort to doing such.
If you love your motorcycles, you should exert effort in finding the right battery. A lot of people may make a decision based on the cheapest option available, but this can actually put you at risk. You might regret choosing one with a cheap price, since in most instances, it means that the quality and functionality can also prove to be inferior. You should consider your battery as an investment, which is why you should never hesitate to spend more if it means being able to enjoy better quality.
In the rest of this guide, we will tackle some of the best choices for the best motorcycle battery. We will also give you a short guide on how you can pick the best. By the time that you are finished reading, you will be an educated buyer and you will find it easier to make the right choice.
Importance of Using Motorcycle Battery
Generally speaking, there are three main reasons why a motorcycle battery will prove to be an essential part of a motorcycle:
- It Allows The Engine To Start: Without the battery, you will not be able to start the motor. This is the main reason why the battery is one of the first ones to be inspected when starting becomes problematic.
- It Provides Extra Power Supply: Petrol provides the power that is needed by your motorcycle, but there are instances wherein the battery needs to be the one to supply power, such as for your lights.
- It Absorbs High Electric Surges: When surges in electricity are high, the battery becomes once again functional by having them absorbed.
Tips in Using Motorcycle Battery
The following are some of the things that should be kept in mind when using motorcycle batteries:
t hemInstalled Properly: Always refer to the manual provided by the manufacturer or ask for a helping hand from people who know better. If the battery is not installed properly, functionality and safety issues can be apparent.
- Check for Compatibility Requirements: Motorcycle batteries do not have universal compatibility. This means that you have to check if one model is going to be compatible with your motorcycle.
- Keep the Batteries Charged: It is also important to make sure that you will charge the batteries at least once in a week. If they are often drained, their functional life will be shortened.
- Check Fluid Levels: This is another important thing that you should do in using motorcycle batteries. The level of fluid should be right. Also, you should use only mineral-free water. If there are impurities in the water, this can affect the functioning of the battery.
Motorcycle Battery Comparison Table – Recommendation on the Market
There are many motorcycle battery products on the market, I recommend top 5 batteries for you as following:
L = 6 5/8, W = 5 3/16, H = 6 7/8 inches
6 x 3.4 x 5.8 inches
Top 5 Best Motorcycle Battery Reviews
1. Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery
With enclosed foam blocks, one of the best things about this model is that it can fit in all battery boxes. You can enjoy a high level of flexibility in terms of mounting options and compatibility.
When compared to its
Taking a look at the technical specifications of the battery, it is also easy to be convinced that this is indeed one of the best options that you can find. It has more than 2000 life cycles at 80% depth discharge. It should also be noted that it comes with 240 lithium cranking amps.
As you search for the best motorcycle battery, there is one more important thing that should be given attention – ease of installation. You can expect this model to be nothing short of being impressive when it comes to being user-friendly. One of the features that make this possible is the quad terminal configuration.
Another thing that has been given words of praises by its users is the 3-year limited warranty. This is an excellent thing as many of the other models only have
2. HDX30L – Harley Davidson Replacement Motorcycle Battery
Harley Davidson is reflective of ultimate luxury when it comes to motorcycles. Therefore, you should use only batteries with premium quality. This product is the ideal replacement that you might have been looking for. It has similar functionality to your original battery, giving you no reason to hesitate in having it used.
It has Absorbed Glass Mat technology. This is an innovative design feature, which is going to provide users with mounting flexibility and the assurance that there will be no spilling. Even if it is turned upside down and even if it experiences extreme vibration, there will be no leaking.
The manufacturer also offers 18-month free replacement warranty, which is going to guarantee your satisfaction. You have one year and a half to try the product. If within that period it turns out that you are unhappy, they can have it replaced.
As the manufacturer claim, this battery is designed beyond performance. It is made to satisfy the discerning demands of riding enthusiasts, providing them with a battery that is hard to rival. From the outside to the inside, you can be confident about the quality and functionality that you can enjoy from this product.
3. Yuasa YTX14-BS Maintenance-Free Battery
If there is only one reason why you should choose this battery above all others, it would be because it is maintenance-free. This means that you can use it through the years, without being demanding in terms of maintenance, yet you can be assured of its optimal functionality. You will not need to add water at any point!
Ease of setup has also been highlighted by people who have used this motorcycle battery in the past. The assembly is going to be pretty much straightforward, even for people who have not experienced installing batteries in the past. It helps that they are able to provide detailed instructions on how the installation can be completed, even on your own.
It should also be noted that it is permanently sealed. There is no need to worry even if you often drive in rough terrains. You can be assured that in spite of the vibrations that the battery will be subjected to, there will be no leaking.
4. Shorai Lithium Iron Extreme-Rate Battery LFX19A4-BS12
Among other things, the lightweight construction of this battery is one of its most impressive features. As it has been specified by the manufacturer, it is 1/5 the weight of the conventional lead-acid batteries that are currently available in the market.
It also contains Extreme-Rate Lithium Ion Prismatic Cells. The latter is an exclusive technology that has been developed by the company, providing this battery with a distinct advantage over its competitors. This means that the battery does not contain lead and acid, both of which can be poisonous. It is also created in such a way that no gas will be produced during the process of charging.
The carbon fiber composite case that is integrated into this battery so also worth highlighting. It is excellent because the latter is not only lightweight but also durable. Given the fact that it has military-grade specifications, you can expect that it will last longer and that it will be able to effectively provide the protection that is required by the internal components of the battery.
Lastly, the battery comes with an ultra-fast recharge rate. You do not have to wait long before it is fully-recharged, which will make it excellent when it comes to the convenience of users.
Things We Liked
- Lasts for a long time
- Exceptional power
Things We Didn’t Like
- Can spew hot gas and liquid
5. YTX12-BS High Performance - Maintenance Free - Sealed iGel Motorcycle Battery
If you are looking for a battery that will prove to be excellent when it comes to being easy to use and maintain, this is one that should be on the top of your list. There is no need to be worried about spilling and leaking. You also need not check for water!
The LED digital display is one of its best features, providing it with an edge above other products within the marketplace. This will make it easy to monitor the functioning of the battery and is one thing that makes it user-friendly as well.
The design of the terminals is one more thing that should be noted. It is well-built and it uses high-quality materials. You can be sure that it will be able to withstand the test of time and will demonstrate the same superior quality even through the years.
Lastly, with this model, you can be confident that your money will not go to waste. The manufacturer is offering a 60-day money back guarantee. Within such period, if you are unhappy in any way, you can return the product and the manufacturer will issue an unconditional refund. This is going to provide you with a guarantee of your satisfaction.
Things We Liked
- Tested to ensure the highest standards
- Comes with heavy duty terminals
- Can handle even extreme vibration
Things We Didn’t Like
- Can be too tall for some
How to Choose the Best Motorcycle Battery
In this part of this guide, we will discuss some of the most important factors that will have an impact on your choice for the best motorcycle battery.
1. Types of Motorcycle Battery
The first thing that you have to do is to decide on the type of the motorcycle battery that you will be purchasing. You can opt for absorbed glass mat or AGM battery. It comes with a special mat, which has the main function of being able to wick the electrolytes coming from the battery. It is known for its versatility, which makes it perfect
Another option would be gel cell battery. This type of battery is built with a silica-like gel, which is the one that is basically responsible for the suspension of the electrolytes. It allows the electrons to be flowing freely in the plate, but can provide you with the guarantee that they won’t leak, even in the event that the battery breaks.
2. Look at the Technical Specifications
For most buyers, especially for those who do not know much about motorcycle batteries, they might ignore the technical specs in spite of the fact that they are amongst the most important. One of the first things that should be looked at would be the cold cranking amps, which will be indicative of the ability of the battery to start even when in a cold environment. If you are living in a cold place, you should consider picking a battery with higher CCA.
You should also consider the reserve capacity of the battery. This will refer to the number of minutes that a fully charged battery can be discharged at a specific temperature. You should opt for a longer reserve capacity, which will be indicative of better quality as well.
3. Other Things to Consider
- Go beyond price. Most of the cheap models can also be inferior in terms of quality. You should consider your battery as an investment, and hence, you should not hesitate to spend to be able to reap high quality.
forthe opinions of other people. Whether it is through online reviews or through asking people you personally know, it will be nice to use their insights and experiences to differentiate the options that you will be confronted with.
- Look for an extensive warranty. If the manufacturer is confident about the quality of their products, they won’t hesitate to spend more. With a longer warranty, you can rely on the help of the manufacturer if in case problems become apparent.
- Pick a battery that requires minimal maintenance. This would mean that you do not have to exert too much effort in maintaining the
battery,while having peace of mind that it is going to last longer.
- Consider the climate in your area. You might not know it, but whether you are living in a colder or hotter area will actually affect your battery choice. If you live in a hotter temperature, make sure to choose one that has
in Maintaining Motorcycle Battery
To be able to keep your motorcycle battery in its optimal quality and functionality, make sure to pay attention to the maintenance tips that will be mentioned below:
- Read Care Instructions from the Manufacturer: It is important to note that not all batteries are the same. Pay attention to the instructions with regards
onhow to take care of the battery and make sure that they will be religiously followed. When in doubt, ask, research, or call the company to be sure on what to do to keep the battery well-maintained.
- Keep the Terminals Clean: The terminals are some of the most important parts of the battery, making it critical for such to be properly maintained. By keeping them clean, you will be able to avoid problems that are related to corrosion. It will also prevent the buildup of sediments and dirt. The latter should be avoided because when they are present in the battery, starting the motorcycle can be difficult.
- Check Cable Connectors: Just like in the case of the terminals, you should also make sure that the cables are in their best condition. If they are dirty and loose, they could negatively affect the power that is supplied in your motorcycle.
- Have a Regular Inspection: Because batteries are hidden from sight, many users fail to have a visual inspection. It is important to visually insect it at least once a month so that you can pinpoint any issue, and consequently, you will be able to provide immediate relief.
Indeed, shopping for the best motorcycle battery will never be easy. You do not make a decision on the basis of price alone. Being cheap is not a guarantee of being the best option. Think of the factors that we have mentioned above or better yet, focus on the three models that we have discussed above. With confidence, we can assure you that they are indeed amongst the best that you will ever find.
Incoming search terms:
- best battery for motorcycle philippines
- Battery for bike which battery is best
- which battery is good for bike
- motorcycle battery review
- list of best bike battery
- bike names with their battery model chart
- best motorcycle battery brand
- best campany battery motorcycle
- best battery for sports bike
- best batry for motorcycle