The Ultimate Buying Guide in Choosing the Best ATV in The Market
For recreation and outdoor enthusiasts, there is perhaps no better investment than an ATV. If you are looking for one, in the rest of this post, we will have a quick look at some of the top picks for the best ATV. We will help you to arrive at the right decision and to make sure that your money won’t go to waste.
Why You Need an ATV?
If you do not have an ATV until now, it may be because you do not know exactly why it can be beneficial. With this, here are some of the things that you might find convincing enough:
- It is an Excellent Form of Recreation: If you live in an area with open spaces and challenging trails, having an ATV is a good thing as it can be a good recreational activity. There is no wonder why it is common for hotels and resorts to have one.
- It can be Used for Work: There are also differ jobs wherein the use of an ATV can be a necessity. Those who are into farming, for instance, will enjoy riding an ATV as they complete their job.
- It Promotes Better Health: Riding an ATV is not only a form of recreation, but it can also deliver significant benefits for one’s health. It is a good way to be active, and hence, it can be good for physical health. It will also help in your mental functioning.
Types of ATV
One of the first things that you should do is to determine the specific type of the ATV that will be needed. In this case, the following are the options that you will be confronted with:
1. Utility ATV
This is by far the most popular from all the types that are available. They are made specifically for handling heavy-duty work, such as in the farm. They are used even by people who are in law enforcement. They are also common for recreational use.
2. Sport ATV
These are lightweight ATVs and are equipped with excellent suspension, allowing it to offer optimal comfort even when used in the roughest of terrains. They can also be highly customized to suit the preferences of the user.
3. Youth ATV
This is designed in a manner that is simpler compared to other types. As the name implies, it is meant specifically for the use of younger users, who happen to be less demanding. They are smaller, cheaper, and designed for recreational trail riding.
4. Side-by-Side ATV
This ATV can accommodate two people who will be seated side by side. It typically also has a bigger storage space compared to the earlier mentioned. They essentially look like golf carts.
Essential Factors to Consider
As you try to differentiate the possibilities that you will be confronted with, the following are some of the most important things that should be taken into account:
- Intended Use: The first thing that you should think about would be why you are buying one in the first place. Is it going to be used in the farm? Will it be for kids? Is it going to be for a business? Once you are aware of its purpose, it will be easier to determine which one has the technical specifications and design elements that are perfect for your needs.
- Transmission: Many of the modern options are equipped with automatic transmissions, which are easier to drive, even for beginners. On the other hand, there are also a lot of options with manual transmission, which may take quite some skill to use. Manual transmission, however, is generally better when it comes to traction and control. Expert riders will prefer this transmission because of its better performance.
- Engine: The size of the engine is measured in CC or cubic centimeters. The smaller engines are meant for lighter use. For instance, if it is meant to be used by kids for recreation, 70 to the 90cc engine will prove to be more than enough. On the other hands, for adults who are beginners, an engine of up to 250cc will suffice. For utility and sports, meanwhile, 700 to 1,000cc engines will be the ideal choice.
- Comfort: There are several things that will be indicative of your comfort when riding an ATV. For instance, it is important that it comes with well-designed seat, which should also have a safety harness to keep you secured. It should be roomy enough so that you will have generous amount of space to move. Having an excellent suspension will also be critical to lessen fatigue and vibration, especially when you are riding on rough terrains.
- Features: At the end of the day, it is important to take a look at the features that are integrated into the ATV. You do not need one that is feature-rich, especially if budget is your concern and if you are a novice rider. Think carefully about what features are needed. By letting go of the unnecessary, you will be able to find one that comes with a more budget-friendly price tag.
Top Picks for the Best ATV
No idea on which ATV can offer the best bang for the buck? Here are three options that you might want to look at:
1. ATA-125D ATV Fully Automatic
Are you looking for an ATV that can prove to be easy to use? If yes, then you have a good reason to have this chosen above others that are available in the market. It comes with the fully-automatic transmission, making it effortless to drive, even if you are a beginner.
Another thing that I loved about this ATV is the inclusion of an air-cooled engine. They may tend to produce more noise compared to water-cooled engines, but it is going to be simpler and easier to maintain, which is another reason why this can be an excellent choice for beginners.
The dual brakes are also exceptional. It will be able to demonstrate excellent stopping power, which is important for your safety. Pull the brakes and it is guaranteed to halt in an instant, regardless of the surface condition.
It also comes with remote and push button start, which are other features that you might appreciate if you are looking for an ATV that can prove to be user-friendly.
Things We Liked
- Easy to drive
- Excellent suspension
- Generous fuel capacity
Things We Didn’t Like
- Minimal leg room for tall riders
- Non-CARB compliant
2. Mountopz 110cc Four-Wheeler ATV
Equipped with a single cylinder, four-stroke, 110cc engine, this is another option that you might want to consider in your search for the best ATV. This is one product that you might love if you are looking for budget-friendly alternatives in the absence of having to compromise quality.
The low maintenance that is required in this ATV is one reason why I am recommending this product, specifically for beginners. If you hate complicated maintenance, this is the right choice for you. There is no need to exert too much effort!
The advanced foot brake is also worth mentioning. It will be easy for you to put the ATV to a halt. This is even made better by the quality of the wheels, which can offer excellent traction in different surfaces.
Lastly, I also loved how it comes with push button start. This is another feature that makes it worth considering if you want an ATV that is user-friendly.
Things We Liked
- Practical price
- Simple and easy to use
- Excellent braking mechanism
Things We Didn’t Like
- Can be a bit noisy
- Not for demanding applications
3. Full Size ATV 250cc 4 Gears with Reverse
Are you are an experienced ATV user with discerning preferences? If you are, this is one option that I can highly recommend. It is the most advanced from the three products that are discussed in this guide, which is why you can expect an abundance of features that are designed specifically for the pros.
The front hand brake and a rear foot brake that are incorporated in this ATV will help to make sure of your safety. The braking mechanism is exceptional, which can deliver the same optimal performance regardless of the riding condition.
The full-sized frame is also a good thing, which can allow it to accommodate even larger riders. Based on the specifications from the manufacturer, it comes with a maximum weight load of 308.65 pounds.
Lastly, its air-cooled engine gives it the ability to deliver dependable performance. The 250cc single stroke engine can deliver a solid torque of 8 feet/pound at a speed of up to 5,000 revolutions per minute.
Things We Liked
- Advanced set of features
- Rugged design
- Impressive engine performance
Things We Didn’t Like
- Expensive price
- Can be a bit complicated for beginners
In sum, from the three products that have been mentioned above, if there is one that I can recommend, it would be TAO ATV 250cc 4 Gears with Reverse. This might be an expensive choice, but if budget is not an issue, you will surely appreciate its abundance of high-end features. From comfort to performance, this is an ideal pick for the best ATV in the market. Specifically built for experienced users, it has impressive technical specifications that will impress people with discerning preferences.